Tuesday, August 24, 2010

...and the rain falls.

My carpenter hurt his back today.  I'm sure that this will put him out of commission for at least a few days at best.  Those pesky back injuries never heal quick.  He must have pulled a muscle.
I can't get a damn paint estimate to save my life.  I can't even get a return phone call.  The one guy that I did get an appointment with, cancelled.  I'm seriously thinking of painting the guest house myself.  It will be tricky with the baby, and I really hate to take time from other things that I could be doing, like shopping for flooring and the finishing touches.  I'm going to have to make some more phone calls tomorrow and see if I can get someone.  Maybe I'll have to arm the kids with brushes and see what happens...lol.  But seriously, I'd better think of something quick as time is a tickin'.
On a more positive note.  The plasterer showed up today as promised.  I really like him. He has the board being delivered tomorrow and hangers scheduled for Thursday.  He says that he'll definitely be done by Saturday.  I really need painters in here on Sunday.
Still haven't chosen paint color yet, but hopefully tomorrow I'll nail it down.
It's been pouring for 2 days straight.   Think the rv sprang a roof leak. The kids were pulling wet Pokemon cards out of the cabinet today.  I'm not even going to bother fixing it. I just want out of here. Pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment