Saturday, August 28, 2010

$21,000 couch!!!! Are you kidding me?????

OMG!!! I was driving down route 9 in Natick today, when I see these signs for Jennifer Convertibles bankruptcy sale,  50-75% off yada, yada.  My couch from the condo that I sold had a tear in it, so I was planning on buying a new one, so of course, this sale caught my attention.  I bang a u turn and head back.  I pull into the parking lot and proceed into the store.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  There was a couch that was  $21,000...and...that was after the 10% mark down.  I was so mesmerized by the price tag, I didn't even notice my kids wrestling on the $8,000 hot pink chair.  When the sales associate told them gently not to play on the furniture, I was brought out of my trance.  As I looked over, my daughter, whom I had just picked up sopping wet form a pool party, was climbing out of the swiveling chair, leaving behind a water mark from her moist bathing suit.  I immediately told my kids that it was time to leave.  I proceeded to exit the store quickly.  I was baffled, confused, and surprised.  Now I'll admit that I had never been in a Jennifer Convertibles, but I had always thought of it as somewhat of a discount furniture store.  I had no idea that it was so extremely high end.  The nerve of them to post big yellow going out of business signs promising massive discounts, only to crush our hopes with inflated prices, only offering a meager 10% off.  This is preposterous.
As I exited the tall glass doors, I glanced up to see, in small black print, Blaa,Blaa Dunois Paris (or something).  I had gone in the wrong store.  Jennifer Convertibles was next door.  I couldn't help but to burst out laughing.  My kids kept asking, "What mom, what is so funny?".  I told them that we had entered the wrong store, and told them that I simply could not believe the $21,000 sofa.  My son simply said, "Is that a lot?"  Is it?  Well, you could buy a CAR instead!!!...or...even a house for that matter...in some places :-)

So anyhow, I made my way into the real Jennifer Convertibles and found a couch AND love seat...in LEATHER, for only $1300. Now that's a deal.  I may go buy it tomorrow if it is still there.  I am trying to figure where to put it until the house is done.  It is really cute...and...so my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment