Wednesday, August 25, 2010

13 Days and Counting...finally stopped raining.

We have these massive, sunken in, trench hole impressions all over the back yard.  Looks like an earthquake hit.  The rain soaked the soil and the trenches that we had covered back up with soil are starting to re-appear.  Some parts of the yard are so soft that when you step, your entire foot sinks.




Tomorrow I'll have to have the guys take some soil from the basement to fill it in.  Did I mention that I was digging up the basement floor?  We broke up the old concrete slab with a sledge and jack hammer (my neighbors love me).  So now it's time to dig the floor down and pour a new slab.  I have to do this because I need 7' of headspace for the basement rental unit and now I only have 6'8".

Anyhow, I'm a little pissed at my plumber.  I asked him 3 times if the exhaust flume for the tankless water heater needed to go inside the wall.  He told me "no", 3 times.  Now today he tells me that it does.  Are you kidding me?  The bloody drywallers are coming Friday.  I hope that he gets it done by then.
This tankless number will be interesting. I've never used one before, but I guess they are supposed to be very efficient and very fast.  We'll see.  I'll report back on that.

So, the drywall and plaster supplies arrived today.  35 sheets of board.  He told me that they would start Friday instead of tomorrow and be done by Sunday.  I'm fine with that.  It only leaves me about a week to wrap up everything else, but there's nothing that I can do, so I'm not going to stress myself out.  (Yeah..right...as I spit out the tip of my nail)

Still haven't figured out any paint colors, but I did get a painter ready for Sunday or Monday or... whenever.
I really don't think that I'm going to make my deadline with so many delays, but I'm going to continue to push anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment