Sunday, September 12, 2010

It will suck you in and spit you out...Ikea

A few years ago when I was furnishing my condo I discovered the wonderful world of Ikea.  However, I was quickly disappointed when most of the furniture that I purchased began to fall apart.  I swore that I would never buy anything from them again. 
But, as they say, pain has no memory, because here I am again.  It started with the cabinets.  I figured that I would grab the cabinets from them and that would be it.  The place sucks you in, next thing I know, I am  buying a coach, chairbed, folding chairs and all sorts of junk.  They have the craziest stuff there.  They have solutions for problems that you won't even know that you have.
I bought the cutest cactus' for about 3 bucks each and adorable pots to put them in.  I placed them on the toilette organizer. My kids always ask why I only buy "prickly" plants.  It's because they are the only plant that won't die in my care.  My son was chanting, "plant killer" all afternoon.
I picked up shadow photo boxes with decorative stones to go inside.
I got a 16 piece silverware set for $4.  How crazy is that!!!
I even ended up buying the fridge from them.  We got lucky with free delivery because the warehouse guys couldn't get the thing pulled before closing.

So anyhow I am almost set up in here.  The stove is being delivered on Thursday and then I should be in pretty good shape.

It will be nice to be able to focus 100% on the real house now.

No comments:

Post a Comment