Thursday, September 2, 2010

5 Days and Counting....We have paint!!!

WOW, I've been so incredibly busy the last few days I haven't had a chance to post.  So here's my update.

The plasters were completely finished on Monday.  The plaster looks great.







I couldn't let the plaster cure for a week, like the plasterer suggested.  It would have completely blown my deadline, plus patience is not a virtue for me.  So yesterday, Wednesday, I let the painters go to work.  They got the entire place finished in one day, with the exception of the bathroom, which is being done right now.  I absolutely love, love, love the color on my accent wall.  I'm going to have to incorporate this color into the main house scheme.

This photo does the true color no justice.

The guys got the tarp back on the roof, and just in time as there is a hurricane heading this way. We had to take down a tree that was growing into the side of the house in order to properly secure the tarp.



  I have my laborer rushing to get loose debris from the yard into the dumpster.  I want to get that thing picked up before the storm hits.  I don't want to take the chance of having things flying out of it, plus I don't want my neighbors to have 2x4's flying into their windows from my yard.  That would be just my luck.

The plumber is in chugging away in the basement of the main house connecting the gas and water lines that feed the guest house.  Hopefully in the next couple of days we'll have hot water in there.

The floor is also being layed.  Had to get up at 6am to grab the material before the carpenter arrived. I ended up going with the a light Bamboo.  It was the most economical choice. and I couldn't resist how pretty it looked on the display.  It is solid Bamboo and pre-finished. I picked it up at Home Depot for $1.99 per sq. ft.

I'm not sure at this point whether or not I will make my deadline of getting into the guest house and out of hell... I mean the RV, by the 7th, when the kids go back to school.  With only 5 days remaining, the time is so close.  I may go in there and wrap up a few things while we're in.  Just have to see.

Feeling a bit anxious about the storm coming.  I'm hoping that my roof tarp will hold it together.  The roof has major holes that the raccoons were using. I don't want rain pouring in.

On today's agenda I have to pick up the cement board and tile for the bathroom and hopefully get that floor layed tomorrow.  I also need to pick up the baseboard and bathroom door, which will be installed after the main floor is complete, hopefully today.

No comments:

Post a Comment